Now with Glide Technology, the addition of roller bearings at key friction points reduces resistance for a smooth and efficient ride.
- ST Fin
- ST Turbo Fin
Standard on most 2015+ Mirage kayak models, the ST Fin square-top design increases fin surface area while maintaining a one-foot mast length.
ST Turbo Fin
Add even more speed to your MirageDrive with a ST Turbo Fin upgrade (standard with Pro Angler and Island Series). The increased fin surface area and mast length provide added resistance and water displacement producing more thrust with each stroke.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How deep does the water need to be to use the MirageDrive?
- The required depth varies a bit from model to model, but, on average, the water only needs to be about 18" (0.45m) deep when using standard fins. A shorter stroke can be used in stretches of shallower water. See the video above for an example of this technique.
- How much maintenance does the MirageDrive require?
- Not much. We recommend a quick rinse with fresh water when you're done for the day and an occasional spray with silicone lubricant.
- Is the MirageDrive removeable?
- Yes. The Click and Go mounting system allows you to quickly remove the MirageDrive for cleaning or storage.